Alberta Self-Employed Farmer Stream for immigration is an excellent opportunity for those farmers who have farm management experience and sufficient funds. Eligible candidates may obtain permanent residency of Canada. They can either set up a new business or purchase an existing one in Alberta. Through this stream, Alberta invites immigrants who can benefit their economy. Candidates who meet the requirements for this stream will be given a provincial nomination certificate, which they can use to submit an application to Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) to get permanent residency in Canada.
Table of Contents
Requirements for Alberta Self-Employed Farmer Stream:
- Initial Production Investment
- Ability to manage a farm
- Enough financial resources
Initial Production Investment:
Alberta Farmer Stream for immigration highly welcomes those entrepreneurs who have the ability to make investments in the farming business. If you want to immigrate to Alberta via the Self-employed farmer stream, you must invest a minimum of CDN $500,000 in Alberta’s primary production farming business. For this, candidates need to submit their application to the Alberta Advantage Immigration Program (AAIP) along with their proposed business plan. Your business plan will be reviewed by Alberta Agriculture and Irrigation to ensure that you meet the requirements. After reviewing applications and business plans, Alberta chooses the best plans that can boost its economy.
Ability to manage a farm:
In order to run a farming business, a person must have the ability to manage a farm. So, if you want to immigrate under Alberta Farmer’s stream, you must show that you have excellent farm management skills and experience of minimum 3 years. For this, you need to attach the following:
- Proof of your existing farm business
- A proposed business plan that you are thinking of running in Alberta
- Proof that your prospective farming business will be funded by a Canadian financial institution
- Documents related to your training in farm business
Enough Financial Resources:
Having enough financial resources is one of the crucial factors, if you want to immigrate to Alberta under Self-Employed Farmer Stream.
Work Experience: Farm Management Experience
Investment Requirement: Investment: $500,000 CAD
- Potential candidates must have the ability to invest a minimum of CDN $500,000 in Alberta’s primary production farming business.
- Applicants need to show proof (documents) of a minimum net worth of CDN $500,000 or that they have access to an equivalent amount of money from other sources.
Who is not eligible to apply for the Alberta Self-Employed Farmer Stream?
Following are not eligible to immigrate to Alberta under Self-employed Farmer Stream.
- Live-in caregivers currently residing in Canada;
- Refugee claimants, or individuals involved in a federal appeal or removal process;
- International students studying in Canada, including those who participate in co-op work placements or internships as part of their study programs;
- Temporary Foreign Workers who are employed and reside in a province other than Alberta.
Steps to apply for Alberta Farmer Stream:
Applicants should check the eligibility criteria in order to immigrate to Alberta under Self-Employed Farmer Stream. If they qualify, they should proceed further for Alberta Farmer Stream by following the below steps:
Step1: Download the form, and then fill it
Step2: Payment of the application fee
- After completing all the required forms for this program, you need to pay the fees.
You must keep in mind that after the applicant has submitted his application, the fees cannot be refunded.
Step3: Send your application to AAIP through the mail
Finally, you need to mail your application along with supporting documents to AAIP. Remember that you cannot use e-mail to send your application for Alberta Self-Employed Farmer Stream.
After paying fees, your application will be reviewed, and approved candidates will receive a provincial nomination certificate.
Once you receive the provincial nominee certificate, you become eligible to apply for PR of Canada. For this, you need to apply under Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).
After applying, fill your permanent residency application and then submit it.
Contact Career Plus to apply for PR of Canada.
Numerous individuals want to apply for permanent residency of Canada. However, they find difficulty in this process. Thankfully, you can have CareerPlus Immigration Consultants’ assistance and direction to submit an application for Alberta Self-Employed Farmer Stream. Our expert team in India and our competent experts of immigration lawyers in Canada have been serving clients since 1999. Get in touch with us for the best and easiest immigration route to Canada.