Appeal for Canada visa Refusal is common nowadays. People who wish to study in Canada need a Study Permit. There are a lot of people who prefer to study Canada due to excellent facilities provided by this country.
The issuing of study visas is the decision of the Canadian immigration authorities. However, refusal on application is quite normal these days and then individuals need to appeal for Canada Visa Refusal. There are numerous reasons for denial.
When a study permit application is refused, the visa officer will explain the reason behind the refusal in a letter. With the help of this letter, people get to know the reasons for their refusal and can appeal for Canada visa refusal.
The Refusals and Appeals in Canada, when the applicant is applying for a temporary or permanent resident application, the immigration officer may refuse the application for some reasons. If the reasons for refusal are unreasonable, wrong in fact or in law, regardless of the fact the application was presented with all supporting documents and explanation, the decision of the immigration officer can be challenged.
One thing to keep in mind: The reason behind the refusal may be unfair sometimes. So, in order to appeal for Canada visa refusal, you must first know the reason behind your refusal.
- How can I find out the grounds for a refusal?
- Types of refusal
- What might be the reasons for a refusal?
- How Career Plus can guide you?
How can I find out the grounds for a refusal?
To know the grounds of your application rejection you must need a detailed letter mentioning causes of your visa application refusal so that you can further become eligible for appealing Canada visa refusal. You can request for a letter based on:
If you are a Canadian citizen or permanent resident:
You may request for Global Case Management System (GCMS) notes used by the Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC), which will help you to know the reason of refusal and then you can proceed for Canada visa appeal.
If you are not a Canadian citizen or permanent resident:
Then, you can employ a person (must be a permanent resident or Canadian citizen) to help you request the information. By this way, you can have your Global Case Management System (GCMS) notes. After that, you can go for Canada visa appeal.
Types of refusal:
Appealing Canada visa refusal would be easy if once you have your Global Case Management System (GCMS) notes. You must know main cause behind your refusal and then you need to Appeal for Canada Visa Refusal depending upon the type of refusal, you can take further steps.
Always remember before appealing for Canada visa refusal that refusal may be valid or invalid. (If your refusal is invalid, then proceed for Canada visa refusal appeal). After knowing the type of refusal, you can proceed for further steps.
If your rejection for application is invalid:
Applicants may proceed for Canada visa appeal if:
They ask for a review and if they feel that their application complied with all IRCC regulations but the study permit was denied mistakenly. (Request for re-consideration)
So, in that case of unfair refusal, you can appeal for Canada visa refusal. In simple terms, you can either request a decision or request a re-consideration at:
- Federal court of Canada
- Immigration adjudication division
- Case processing centre
Always remember, applicants may apply for Canada visa refusal appeal after knowing the reason
If your rejection for application is valid:
If the applicants think the reasons for rejection are true. They should create a new application and make a special effort to address the issue behind the refusal or application rejection. (Submit a new application)
To submit a new application, you must know the exact reason of your previous application refusal.
What might be the reasons for a refusal?
- Doubts related financial support: All overseas students must demonstrate that they have the financial resources to pay for their tuition and their living expenses. You must provide proof that you have enough money to support yourself in Canada when you apply for a study permit.
- Doubts related your decision to enrol in a program: Applications for study permits may occasionally be rejected if the visa officer doesn’t grasp the reasoning behind your programme or level of study selection. The applicant’s educational and professional backgrounds must fit well with the selected programme in Canada.
- Doubts your plans to leave the country: You must show the visa officer that you will leave the country after the expiration of your visa. It means that the visa officer must have faith in your ability to leave the country once your status has expired without breaking the law. Usually, if you don’t show that you have excellent reasons, this is an issue.
- Doubts your letter of acceptance: You must satisfy all program criteria. The visa officer may deny your request for a study permit if they have any doubts about the authenticity of your letter of admission. For this, you need a letter of acceptance from a Designated Learning Institution (DLI) in Canada before you can apply for a study permit.
- Doubts your Proof of Identity or Travel Documents: The IRCC may reject your study visa application if you don’t have a complete record of your travels or if your identity documents aren’t clear.
You are not eligible for Canada visa refusal appeal, if there is any of the above reason. In this case, you need to submit a new application.
How Career Plus can guide you?
Thank you for taking the time to read this. We hope that it has helped you understand what type of refusals and appeals Canada can make when you apply visa. We will be pleased to assist you if you have any queries or worries. We have number of success stories and happy clients.