Newfoundland and Labrador is the easternmost province of Canada. It consists of two different land masses; one is the island of Newfoundland and other is the mainland of Labrador. This province is Canada is most linguistically homogenous.
Newfoundland and Labrador Provincial Nominee Program (NLPNP) is a program launched with an intension to target the skilled and experienced immigrants to fulfill the labour market shortage in the province.
There are different pathways under which an applicant may get nominated by the Newfoundland and Labrador government: –
- Newfoundland & Labrador Express Entry Skilled Worker – Applicants who have submitted their profile under Express Entry may get invited to apply under this pathway. On meeting the requirements, an applicant is invited by receiving “Expression of Interest” on their Express Entry Profile. On receiving nomination, an applicant is entitled to get additional CRS points which increases the chances of being invited by the federal government to apply for Permanent Residence.
- Skilled Worker Category – Applicants who have been offered guaranteed job offer from an employer in Newfoundland & Labrador and who is currently working in the province with a valid work authorization may be eligible to apply under this program.
- International Graduate Category – Applicants who have successfully graduated from a post-secondary institution and currently on a Post Grad Work Permit may be eligible to apply under this program.
- International Entrepreneur Category – Applicants who intend to open, co-manage or purchase a business in Newfoundland & Labrador may apply under this category. Applicants are required to operate the same business for over a year on a Temporary Work Permit before applying for their NLNP.
- International Graduate Entrepreneur Category – Applicants who have successfully graduated from a post-secondary institution in Newfoundland & Labrador and intend to open, co-manage or purchase a business in Newfoundland & Labrador may apply under this category.